Exhaustive List of Resources for the Almeda Fire – Ashland Fire and Rescue Thank you!
Resources for the Almeda Fire
Ashland is coordinating resources, volunteers and donations with the regional emergency response network through roguevalley.recovers.org.Rogue Valley Recovers is the centralized site for needs, donations, and volunteers. In addition, to the County Call Center at 541-776-7338, the COA has set up a resource and referral line at 541-552-2500.
Jackson County: https://jacksoncountyor.org/emergency/Resources/Citizen-Alert
Ashland Nixle Alert System: ashland.or.us/nixle
Rogue Valley Recovers: roguevalley.recovers.org/
Are you in need of assistance? Fill out of the “I Have a Need” form on the Rogue Valley Preparedness Hub.
Free meals for all in Ashland from 11 AM-1:00 PM:
- Ashland Middle School – 100 Walker Avenue Ashland, OR
- Ashland High School – 201 South Mountain Ave Ashland, OR
Free meals for all in Medford from 11 AM-12:30 PM:
- North Medford High School – 1900 Keene Way Dr. Medford, OR
- Jefferson Elementary School – 333 Holmes Ave. Medford, OR
- Howard Elementary School – 286 Mace Rd. Medford, OR
- Jackson Elementary School – 713 Summit Ave. Medford, OR
- Oak Grove Elementary School – 2838 W. Main St. Medford, OR
- Roosevelt Elementary School – 1212 Queen Anne Ave. Medford, OR
Ashland Emergency Food Bank: 560 Clover Lane Ashland, Ashland, Oregon 97520. M-F 9:30-12:30. 541-488-9544, ashlandefb.org/for-services
CLOTHING, BEDDING & HOUSEHOLD RESOURCES
Goodwill is receiving donations, quarantining for safety, and providing free shopping at their stores for people displaced or impacted the fire.
- Starting September 12, a limited number of vouchers are available at TC Chevy, 2045 Highway 99, Ashland, Mon-Sat, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Vouchers for $50 per family are good at any Goodwill store that is open.
Ashland Goodwill, 639 Tolman Creek Rd. Ashland 541-482-1363, 10 AM-7 PM daily
- For families who lost everything and need a lot: Goodwill As-Is Outlet, 4 W 3rd St, Medford, OR 97501, 541- 608-2805, normal hours Tues-Sat, 9:30AM – 5 PM.
Fire impacted people may take as much as they want for free, no voucher needed.
ASHLAND EMERGENCY SHELTERS
First Presbyterian Hall Shelter: 1615 Clark Ave;Space for up to 20 guests. Please call Reverend Dan Fowler, 541-482-3536 for details.
Ashland Christian Fellowship Shelter: for more information visit acfweb.org or call 541-482-8539. Registration is required and reserved for fire displaced people only.
United Church of Christ: 717 Siskiyou Blvd, is open during the day for folks who need a place for internet access, bathrooms and phone service.
EMERGENCY SHELTERS OUTSIDE OF ASHLAND
- Medford’s First Presbyterian, 85 S Holly St, Medford – Contact Pastor Christine at (541) 944-8545.
- New Life Church of the Nazarene, 1974 E McAndrews Rd, is open to shelter families displaced from the fires. Please contact the Church for availability information. Phone: (541) 779-7777
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2305 Taylor Rd, Central Point – Running an evacuation shelter in coordination with the Red Cross. Call 541-664-2050.
- Jackson County Fairgrounds, 1 Peninger Rd, Central Point – Jackson County has established a full-service evacuation center at the Jackson County EXPO with crisis management support, medical care, care for Seniors, bilingual support, food, showers, cots/bedding, etc. for those folks who have no other option for safe housing. Transportation is available.
- Jacksonville Presbyterian Church, 425 Middle Street. Indoor Shelter available on 9/11/2020. Please see website: https://www.jvillepres.org/ or call 541-899-1287 for shelter availability.
- Harvest Time Fellowship, 345 2nd Street, Gold Hill – Space for 25 people for evacuation. Call Jerry Frasier 707-845-6310.
- Evans Valley Creek Community Center, 8205 E Evans Creek Rd, Rogue River. Space for 50 people. Call 541-582-6006.
Grants Pass (check each location for availability):
- Edgewater Christian Fellowship, 101 Assembly Cir, Grants Pass. Space for 50 people. Call 541- 474-7172.
- Allendale School, 2320 Williams Hwy, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Josephine County Fairgrounds for evacuees with livestock, 1451 Fairgrounds Rd, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Parkway Christian Center, 229 NE Beacon Dr, Grants Pass, OR 97526
- Grants Pass High School, 830 NE 9th St, Grants Pass, OR 97526
- Grants Pass Shopping Center parking lot, 108th Ave NE, Grants Pass, OR 97526
- Gladiola School, 1137 SE Gladiola Dr, Grants Pass, OR 97526
RVTD Expo Shuttle: RVTD is running the following routes to and from the Jackson County Expo. Passengers should look for a Valley Lift paratransit van with the RVTD logo on the side. The shuttles run Monday through Saturday every 30 minutes between 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM and again at 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM.
- Central Point shuttle– runs between the Expo and Central Point Albertson’s/Goodwill on Freeman Rd. The Route 40 serves this shopping center. Anyone wanting to get to the Expo should get off the Route 40 at the stop on Freeman Rd. and walk to the Goodwill to wait in front for the shuttle.
- South Gateway Medford shuttle– runs between the Expo and the S.Gateway Walmart and also the S. Medford Goodwill. The S. Walmart is served by the 1X and the S. Medford Goodwill is served by the Route 24. Anyone wanting to get to the Expo needs to wait in front of either store.
DONATE $ NOW
United Way Fire Fund: unitedwayofjacksoncounty.org/give
The United Way of Jackson County has launched a Fire Fund that will be geared toward longer-term recovery for families impacted by the fire. The United Way will use an application process to cover direct expenses related to families’ losses.
Rogue Credit Union’s Southern Oregon Fire Relief Fund: roguecu.org/community/donate
Rogue Credit Union will match up to $50,000 in relief donations for people impacted by the Alameda and Obenchain fires. Donations will go to the Southern Oregon Chapter of the American Red Cross and are designated specifically for assisting impacted families and rebuilding our communities.
Please make a monetary donation ss food banks can purchase what is most needed and to reduce COVID-19 risk
- Ashland Emergency Food Bank: ashlandfb.org/donations, 541-488-9544
- Access Food Bank: accesshelps.org/donate, 541-779-6691
Rogue Valley Recovers: roguevalley.recovers.org
This website organized by the Jackson County United Way is the hub for donating items and volunteering to assist in relief efforts.
ASHLAND DONATION DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Ashland Good Will: 639 Tolman Creek Rd, 541-482-1363, 10 am – 7 pm. Take donations of clothing, towels, bedding and home furnishings directly to any Goodwill drop off site that is open. (They do not accept food, pet food, hygiene products, or diapers.)
Ashland High School: 201 S Mountain Ave, 9 am – 11 am
Elks Club: 225 E Main St (use back alley door to basement), 10 am – 7 pm, please do not bring adult clothing
The above information can be found at: http://www.ashland.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=18041
Trusted Organizations Jackson County Sheriff:
Website – jacksoncountyor.org/sheriff
Social Media – Facebook @JacksonCountySheriff
Jackson County Emergency Management
Website – jacksoncountyor.org/emergency
Social Media – Facebook @jacksoncountyoregonem; Twitter @JacksonCountyOR
Rogue Valley Emergency Management (information for Jackson and Josephine Counties)
Website – www.rvem.org
Almeda and Obenchain Fire Information
Hotline – (541) 776-7338
Facebook page – @AlmedaFire
Email – email@example.com
City of Medford
Website – www.ci.medford.or.us
Social Media – Facebook @CityofMedford; Twitter @CityofMedford
Website – tripcheck.com
Hotline – 511
Social Media – Facebook @OregonDOT; Twitter @OregonDOT
Oregon Office of Emergency Management:
Website – www.oregon.gov/oem/Pages/default
Social Media – Facebook @OMDOEM; Twitter @OregonOEM
Non-Internet Sources Wildfire Hotline – (541) 552-2490
Ashland Emergency Broadcast Station – 1700 AM
Fire Activity Updates Incident Information System
Oregon Fires and Hotspots
Website – https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/6329d5e4e13748b9b9f7f33f06a3c376/
Smoke Updates ODEQ Air Quality Index:
Website – https://www.oregon.gov/deq/aq/pages/aqi.aspx
Website – smokewiseashland.org
Oregon Smoke Info:
Website – oregonsmoke.blogspot.com
Social Media – Twitter @OregonSmokeInfo
Community Resource Organizations
- United Way of Jackson County: 541-773-5339
- Maslow Project: 541 608-6868
- Ashland Police Department: 541-482-5211
- Ashland Fire Department: 541-482-2770
- American Red Cross-541-779-3773
- Dial 211-provides assistance finding food, paying housing bills, accessing childcare or other essential services. You can also visit www.211.info.org/ for more information
- Options for Helping Residents of Ashland (OHRA) community resource center. Provides assistance to low-income, homeless and at-risk individuals and families. Contact at 541-631-2235 or https://helpingashland.org/services/resource-guides/
- Notifications: Sign Up for Citizen Alert
- Roads: Oregon Dept. of Transportation – TripCheck
- Fire Updates: Jackson County Emergency Response Website
- Fire Updates: Almeda and Obenchain Fire Information Facebook Pages