Voting Q & A for Displaced Victims of the Almeda Fire

Voting for displaced people. This document Displaced Voter FAQ

How can I receive my ballot if I have been displaced by wildfires?
1. Ballots will begin being mailed October 16th.  If you know an address where you will be able to receive mail then, you can add a temporary mailing address at
(Paper Voter Registration Form:
2. If you want to use a paper form to provide us with a temporary address click here:
3. You can pick up all of your mail (including ballots once they are mailed) at the post office that serves your permanent residence address. Review the USPS Service Alerts for the most current information:
4. Contact Jackson County Elections after October 1st for may have for pickup.
Jackson County Elections
1101 W Main St, Suite 201
Medford, OR 97501
8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday
(7am – 8pm on Election Day, November 3, 2020)

Phone: 541-774-6148

If I submit a change of address through USPS will my ballot be forwarded to the new address?
➢ NO.  Ballots are not forwardable.  It is one of the security features of our system. You must inform election officials of your temporary address using one of the methods above in order to have your ballot sent there.

Do I need to register to vote from my temporary address?
➢ NO.  You do not need to re-register to vote if you are living somewhere temporarily because you have been displaced by wildfires.  You just need to let election officials know where to mail your ballot by one of the methods above.

Will I be able to vote on the local measures where my permanent address is located even if I am temporarily living outside that area?
➢ YES.  The ballot you receive will contain the contests for your residential address, not your temporary mailing address.

What if my mailbox was destroyed?
➢ If mail cannot be delivered to your home or mailbox, it will be held at your local post office and you can pick it up there.