Trump Timeline Jan. 20, 2017-Feb 4, 2017
*Washington DC Trump Inauguration
*Sec of Defense: James Mattis confirmed 98-1
*Homeland Security: John Kelly confirmed 88-11
*Washington DC- Worldwide MILLION WOMEN MARCH (estimated 5 Million / over 7 continents)
* Trump asserts his Inauguration drew the most crowds ever seen (photos do not confirm)
*Trump’s aide Kellyanne Conway tells Meet the Press that Spicer had provided “alternative facts”
*Trump asserted that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast and caused him to lose the popular vote.
* Trump Executive Order (EO) prohibits Fed. Funds to NGOs providing abortion information.
* Trump signed Federal hiring freeze (not in military)
* Ethics lawyers filed lawsuit that Trump is in violation of Constitution ref: his overseas businesses.
* Trump approved resuming construction on Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines
*UN Ambassador: Nikki Haley confirmed 96-4
* EO signed to begin construction of The Wall.
* Homeland Security and Justice Dept ordered to withhold $$ from sanctuary cities.
*Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto cancels trip to DC over Trump tweet that said meeting should be cancelled if Mexico won’t pay for the WALL
* Trump totes “water boarding” as an effective tool to Fox News Sean Hannity
*4:30 pm Executive Order (EO) Titled : ‘Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry in the United States is signed by Trump. (Trump labels it as a “Muslim Ban“ on TV, which Spicer later denies at a press conference) A Ban for travelers from (7) countries-Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Sudan
*ACLU Lawyers converge on airports nationwide to assist travelers stranded by BAN.
*Massive Public Protests at airports all across USA and in London, Paris and other airports
* NYC Judge Ann Donnelly blocks BAN.
*60,000-100,000 Visas cancelled by State Department.
* Trump hosts British Prime Minister: Theresa May
* March for Life at Mall with thousands marching: VP Pence speaks
*Protests continue at airports across country against Muslim Ban
* Immigration Lawyers offer to work pro bono
*Trump makes Steve Bannon a permanent member of National Security Council (NSC)
* Director of National Intelligence & Chair of Joint Chiefs of Staff will only be attending NSC as needed.
*Trump addresses Australian Prime Minister in tense phone call.
*Trump issues conflicting messages to Putin ref: Ukraine/Crimea war & Netanyahu/ Israeli settlements.
* Mixed messages alarm EU that plans to meet in Malta to discuss USA actions.
*Steve Bannon appointed as a permanent member of the National Security Council (NSC). The memorandum directs: the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and the chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff “shall attend where issues pertaining to their responsibilities and expertise are to be discussed”.
* Special Forces Raid in Yemen: One Navy Seal Ryan Owens killed, 3 injured and civilians (women and children killed) Intel reported to have been collected.
* Protests continue across airports & world capitals over Muslin Ban
*US Attorney General Sally Yates states she will not implement Muslim BAN until she has opportunity to determine if is lawful & Constitutional.
*AG Yates fired by Trump. (She is replaced temporarily by Dana Boente)
* Former President Obama spokesman issues Obama statement: “American values are at stake”.
* State Dept. Dissent Memo (DRAFT) leaked to press: “We are better than this Ban”
* Judge Neil Gorsuch nominated for Supreme Court
* Trump puts Iran “on notice”
* Trump travels to Dover Airforce Base as remains of Navy Seal Owens returned from Yemen.
* Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson confirmed: 56:43 (largest opposition vote ever for a Secretary of State nominee)
* National Prayer Breakfast.
* Federal Judge James Robart (Seattle) issues Nation-Wide Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) blocking Muslim Ban.
*New sanctions against Iran announced.
*Trump rolls back: Dodd-Frank ( Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – CFPB requires Credit Card transparency, monitors unscrupulous mortgage lenders, student loan sharks & unfair) Payday Lenders)
* Trump halts Fiduciary Rule that protects retirees by requiring financial advisors to act in their clients’ best interest.
*State Dept. reverses VISA cancelations (60,000)
*Homeland Director Kelly suspends BAN enforcement.
*Airlines resume carrying Banned passengers (Lufthansa, Air France, British Air, Egypt Air, and Qatar)
* Trump tweets “the opinion of this so-called judge…..” referring to Fed Judge James Robart in Seattle.
*Sign at NYC March: WE GAVE YOU HUMMUS- HAVE SOME RESPECT
*Trump protesters follow him to Florida as White House moves to appeal in the US Court of Appeals for
the Ninth Circuit ( this includes Seattle and San Francisco).
*Banner in Palm Beach March reads: “This is what DEMOCRACY looks like!”
* Large Anti-Trump Marches in Berlin, London, Indonesia, and Australia
*N.Mexico Legislature introduces HR 292 Bill: Refusing to sell 180 miles of land along the N.M./Mexico border that the Fed. Govt. wants to build the WALL.
Susan Hall, RN
NPR.org “Yes, This All Happened: Trump’s First 2 Weeks as President”. Jessica Taylor
New York Times/Wall Street Journal