SOCAN’s Master Climate Protector – A Primer for Action – Register Now for February Classes
SUBJECT: SOCAN’s Master Climate Protector – A Primer for Action
Living in the Rogue Valley we suffer the results of climate change as we endure the heat waves and droughts, breathe the smoke from fires, and watch the winter snowpack dwindle. Recent reports by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the U.S. Global Change Program are only too real for us as they warn that we are already suffering the economic impacts of climate change resulting from global warming. The longer we avoid addressing the cause, the more urgent becomes a meaningful response.
Climate change is here; it’s not too late for us to learn and act. Area residents wishing to learn more about the causes for our plight are invited to register for SOCAN.s “Master Climate Protector – a Primer for Action.”
The course offers 30 hours of exploration into the basics of global warming and its climate consequences, the intersection with energy and construction, the water and weather implications, the impact on agriculture, forestry, and our terrestrial systems, how human health, population growth, and consumption relate to the problem and what we can do to address it.
Registration is now open for the fourth course offering starting in February 2019. Registration is limited to 20 participants with seats allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Thus, anyone interested in enrolling is encouraged to do so as soon as possible.
For more information and to register, visit https://socanmcp.eco/ or thttps://www.facebook.com/events/247231912614752/.
Testimonials from prior Registrants:
- It’s intensive; it makes you think; it pushes your limits – but it is worth it.
- The course is packed with excellent information presented in excellent Power Points by highly educated experts on the topic. Addresses impact of Climate Change on the global, national, state and local levels with practical ideas for being a climate protector change maker.
- This class is time well spent. Interesting people doing interesting things. Really informative!
- It really increased my sense of the urgency, motivated me to increase my personal actions and gave me more confidence to communicate with elected officials.
- This is an amazing class – it helped me look beyond just what I can do.
- The MCP Program is amazing. It helped open my eyes and have a better grasp on what climate change is and the effect it has on our environment. It gave me hope that, with collective actions, we can make a difference. We need to for the future generations.
- The course surpassed my expectations! It was great and interesting . . . I am learning and I have tools to continue learning about climate change & greenhouse gas models. Thanks for the well-planned content in this course.
- All sessions were informative and valuable to understanding the implications of climate change, and what I could do to mitigate my personal footprint.
- It will give anyone taking this course an excellent foundation to continue learning about and communicating about this vital subject and all its ramifications.
- It’s extremely informative regarding climate science and in identifying actions we can all personally take.
- Taking this program changed my perspective on Climate Change issues. Well worth the time and I learned a lot. Especially about urgency to act to save a deteriorating environment.
- It is an opportunity to focus on what matters to us and future generations, to improve, correct, modify changes that are happening to our planet because greenhouse gases are and will have an increasingly negative impact regarding what happens as our climate changes. It will affect every living thing.